A vulnerability has been discovered in Telegram, allowing the activation of the camera and microphone.
Conditions for exploiting the vulnerability and control available to attackers:
- Malicious code must be installed on your computer.
- The version of Telegram on Mac should be installed from the App Store.
- The attacker gains access to the following functions on your Mac: Camera Microphone
What to do?
Step 1: Don’t panic.
Step 2: Prevent the installation of malicious code:
- Update the operating system on your computer.
- Install programs only from trusted sources (usually this is the Mac App Store).
- Update all applications on the Mac and remove unused applications.
- Remove the Telegram version on your computer (drag the application icon to the trash, confirming that you want to delete the application).
- Go to the website https://macos.telegram.org/ and click the “Download Telegram for MacOS” button.
- Download, install and connect your account.
- Continue to work safely in Telegram on your computer.